2020 Program Highlights
Creating sustainable communities through education, collaboration & advocacy.
New Programs & Advocacy
- Launched “Meals and masks” & Housing security initiatives!
- Served over 150 weekly through Meals & Masks initiative
- Forged new initiatives with the City of Greenville, Project Host and the Nicholtown Neighborhood Association
- Improved coordinator & Youth experience
- 100% of staff completing an Individualized Training Plan
- Exceeded quarterly Team Health Survey goal
- Developed successful hybrid Steward Fellows program
- Added career mentoring to the Steward Leaders experience
- Connected virtually and in-person
- Increased digital engagement to 4,000 monthly
- Exceeded in-person education & engagement goals
Education & Demonstration
- Developed new virtual community forums
- Exceeded monthly goals for volunteers engaged and community events
- Executed Get Out the Vote Registration & Education
- Secured CARES funding for facilities expansion
Building Our Capacity
- Welcomed our first Program Director
- Purchased Annie’s House & Completed successful 2020 financial review
- Launched Client Relationship Manager
South Carolina Interfaith Power and Light
- 2020 Congregational Energy Efficiency Challenge is projected to save $334,174 & 2,907 MWh; Equivalent to carbon savings from planting ~34k trees.
Top Ten priorities in 2021
A world where all neighborhoods, people and nature thrive.
Improving Food Security
- Accelerate backyard/community gardening initiative and continue food security education in food processing and storage
- Become a FoodShare Greenville Site for fresh food boxes (in our new cool room!)
Empowering Our Youth
- Coalition building to increase community support for Nicholtown youth
- Expand from 3 to 5 Steward Leaders
Increasing Education Offerings
- Offer Citizen Science opportunities
- Complete CARES funded facilities additions including an outdoor education center to restart onsite offerings
Building Our Capacity
- Complete Race, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Board Consulting and Organizational Strategic Plan
- Establish a Sustainable Funding Model
- Establish strategic partnership with South Carolina Healthcare Professionals for Climate Action
- Leverage Gannett Foundation & Upstate Forever Environmental Equity & Justice Award
We Need Your Help!
We are thankful for your support and hope that you will become a “Sustainer” by setting up a monthly draft donation. Questions about monthly giving, sponsorships or other giving options? Contact us at email@example.com.